Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

8.09.2007

Taschen's Roses


This month, Taschen is scheduled to release a 25th Anniversary edition of its popular title, Roses.

The book is an accurate reproduction of French flower painter Pierre-Joseph Redouté's work Les Roses, which was published between 1817 and 1824. The celebrated artist is known in part for his commissions for Napoleon's wife Josephine, but above all for his skill and innovation. At about $25, the book makes an affordable yet lovely gift.

Related site: Malmaison.

7 comments:

kellyloveswhales said...

Thanks for this great recommendation! I am in love with all things botanical and cannot wait to get my hands on this edition.

decorative instincts said...

Thank you for the heads up on this book! I LOVE botanical art.

style court said...

Hope you enjoy it Kelly!

style court said...

Dec Instincts,

Also hope you love it!

Jackie Von Tobel said...

One of my all time favorites. My old edition has been well used. ( especially back in my Mario Buatta days!) I'll haver to pick up the new one. Thanks fo the heads up
Jackie

robyn said...

I don't know how I missed this post. We've been entertaining people all week and I'm exhausted. Thanks for this, I will definitely get this book, it looks beautiful.

style court said...

Robyn, sweet of you to take time to comment -- I know you're on vacation!

Jackie, glad to spread the word. Enjoy!