Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

8.25.2007

Speaking of Headboards...


Photography above by Ivan Terestchenko.

This bedroom in Mississippi-born textile connoisseur Lisa Fine's sumptuous Paris apartment made for the loveliest Elle Decor cover, back in August 2000. But her amazing Indian-inspired headboard didn't show in the shot.

Here it is below, on my TV screen, as seen in HGTV's one-hour special, Homes of Paris.



Fine's own custom embroidered headboard was such a success that she began producing them. I hope soon to have better images and updated information to share.

4 comments:

Cote de Texas said...

I never got this issue! I wonder why not? Maybe I just don't remember? Weird. Can you buy back issues I wonder? I love that headboard, I can't wait to find out what you learn about them.

Joni

style court said...

Yes, you can get back issues on ebay and from sites like pastpaper

Let me see if I've got anything in the archives on Elle back issues :)

The Peak of Chic said...

Please keep us updated with any additional information you have on these headboards. Would it not be wonderful to own one???

style court said...

Jennifer, yes I would love one!

My "TV" picture here does not do it justice!!