Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

8.21.2007

Latest Obsession: Textile Designer Anupama Swaminadhan




My September Domino arrived on time today. The first page to go in my inspiration notebook? Page 38, with the profile on textile designer Anupama Swaminadhan. Her hand-painted pillows, based on timeless Indian designs, are gorgeous. (I also loved seeing Kenneth Jay Lane's place.)

For more on Indian style, visit the Calico Museum of Textiles.

8 comments:

girl meets glamour said...

I can see why you are obsessing! Great post and great inspiration :)

~Kate

style court said...

thanks kate!

patriciagrayinc.com said...

I love the soft muted colors and it looks like they must have used natural dyes as opposed to synthitic dyes. I still don't have my Domino, we are so behind in Canada.

Julie at BV said...

I am so glad you found Betsy Burnham. I also love her innovation. I posted about it a long ago. Check it out, it's very interesting. It's always good to be remembered of great designs like this.

http://bellevivir.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_archive.html

Cote de Texas said...

Courtney: great minds think alike. ha! The only two things in this issue that interested me at all were these pillows and the Lane apartment. I thought this issue was a huge disappointment, but others will disagree, I'm sure.


Joni

ALL THE BEST said...

Those pillows are unbelievably gorgeous!

Marissa said...

those pillows caught my eye too. they are gorgeous and so different. btw- thanks for putting me on the blogroll!

The Peak of Chic said...

Those are wonderful pillows (and you get a Domino discount if you purchase one!)