Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

8.16.2007

Houses of Los Angeles



In October Acanthus Press is scheduled to release the two-volume, Houses of Los Angeles. Both books will focus on the city's highly diverse residential architecture. Volume I, Houses of Los Angeles, 1885-1919, will include Moorish villas, Spanish missions, French châteaux, and Japanese palaces.

Volume II, Houses of Los Angeles, 1920-1935, will focus on 37 in-town residences and mountainside estates, such as the homes of actors Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks, producer David O. Selznick, and Chinese art dealer Grace Nicholson. In total, about 800 archival photographs, as well as landscape and floor plans will be included.

3 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

These are on my wishlist. Acanthus always publishes such informative (and interesting) books.

Brilliant Asylum said...

I honestly don't know what to do with myself--all of these great books coming out around the same time.
I love the early days of Hollywood.

patriciagrayinc.com said...

Ditto..I also love the early days of Hollywood. I wonder if there will be anything on William Haines?