Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

8.14.2007

Broadhurst Poll Results


Above, Florence Broadhurst's hand-printed "Circles and Squares." Pillows and wall hangings available through Weego Home.

Voter turn-out for the Florence Broadhurst poll was small, so these results are less than scientific, but 75% said the eccentric, indefatigable Broadhurst was the true visionary behind her wallpaper collection. Others -- 25% -- were a bit skeptical, crediting her success to serendipity and the wild 1960s. For more see Summer Book Club.

5 comments:

patriciagrayinc.com said...

Wow...too bad that not very many people responded to this poll as I think this is a great topic. I put it down to the summer and so many peopole being on holiday.
Are you planning on further exploring the "book review" ?

katiedid said...

I think this is my favorite pattern. I must say that one of the things I found the most fascinating about Florence Broadhurst was that she started the most iconic part of her life at 65 with the formation of her wallpaper company. I love that! I hope I am still going strong by then.

style court said...

Katie,

I agree about her age -- very unusual!

Patricia,

Not sure about future book clubs yet :)

Anna said...

I'm disappointed that the voter turn out was small. I too think this was such a fantastic topic for discussion. I enjoyed hearing everyones thoughts on the subject. Thanks Courtney!
XO
Anna

style court said...

Anna, as always you are so sweet! I really enjoyed hearing everyone's thoughts, and especially your Australian perspective.

xo
Courtney