Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

8.20.2007

Ahead of the Curve: Lillian Wang



Photography, Luca Trovato, Town & Country, February 1999.


When Lillian Wang von Stauffenberg opted for this cupcake "tower," in lieu of a traditional cake for her 1998 wedding, it was a seriously chic, unexpected choice. Stylish but appetizing. Different but not too edgy. Back then cupcakes weren't seen everywhere.

Whether in interiors, events or fashion, I think it's fun to look back and find elements that began as something so fresh but later were copied to the point of being commonplace. Although, I think the design of the confection above still holds up.

BTW: Lillian Wang is the bride who provided her guests with parasols as shown in the post below.

6 comments:

girl meets glamour said...

Takes for taking us back for a moment. I think these were both very chic ideas to this day!

~Kate

patriciagrayinc.com said...

Love the cupcake tower. I wish I could pick one right out of the picture and pop it into my mouth right now. My sweet tooth is acting up. Charming post.

The Peak of Chic said...

I remember this article! It was a memorable one b/c everything about this wedding was quite stylish! And I agree about the cupcakes :)

Marissa said...

that cupake tower is gorgeous! thanks for posting.

snapshotradio said...

yay! i used this idea (same picture i think?) for the groom's (cup)cake at my wedding.

style court said...

Snapshot,

What a great idea :)