Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

7.11.2007

See It Again: Tom Scheerer


Photography above by Christopher Baker, as seen in House Beautiful, February, 2007

A reader was searching for this image of a Tom Scheerer interior with an octagonal center table skirted in shrimp Oxford cloth from Bailey & Griffin. So, here it is again. Don't you love how Scheerer trimmed the shrimp fabric? Very crisp. The walls are covered with the designer's "Lyford Trellis," for Quadrille, in brown.

I may post other tears from this spread on Friday. In the meantime, did anyone save the December Elle Decor, below? A Scheerer-designed Brooklyn townhouse is on the cover.



I think I have some tear sheets from this issue filed away in a box -- I know I saved an image of Sheerer's ethereal silver-leaf four-poster bed. But a reader is curious about a small piece that appeared in the living room: an open woven "stool/basket," or maybe sculpture, placed beneath a side table. The piece is viewable on Scheerer's site under Portfolio, Brooklyn Townhouse. If you have any information on this item, the reader will be grateful to learn more.

3 comments:

girl meets glamour said...

I love what Sheerer has done with that table...and look forward to your future posts on this designer :)

~Kate

The Peak of Chic said...

I wish I could help on the stool, but I don't know. I do love that tableskirt at the top. So tailored and graphic!

robyn said...

It's very civilized looking and nice ... you have a great eye.