Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

7.16.2007

Reading Florence Broadhurst


I've finally begun reading Florence Broadhurst: Her Secret & Extraordinary Lives, from Chronicle. If you've read the book -- or want to -- let me know. In August it might be interesting to have an online book club discussion. With Broadhurst's complicated life story, and the mystery surrounding who really designed her vibrant Asian-inspired wallpaper, there is plenty to talk about.



Above, designer Ruthie Sommers recently used Broadhurst wallpaper in the home of L.A. boutique owner, Zoe Schaeffer. Photography by Grey Crawford as seen in Elle, April 2007.

Related links:
signatureprints.com.au.
Weego Home
Walnut Wallpaper
Woodson and Rummerfield

10 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

I've been dying to read this book, and if you decide to have an online discussion, then I'll make sure to read it by then.

style court said...

Great Jennifer!

a. said...

Me too! I received mine a couple of weeks ago but haven't started reading yet. It's so beautiful!

girl meets glamour said...

Wow, I just purchased this book last Mon. and haven't even taken the wrapper off yet...now a reason to get a move on reading it! Love the idea of a group discussion :)

~Kate

Suzy said...

Me too, I've been meaning to read this book for some time. I'd love to be involved in an online discussion.

katiedid said...

Did hear "Book Group"?!? I'm in! I now have a great excuse to buy this one!

patriciagrayinc.com said...

Count me in for the online discussion, I've been wanting to read her book. Great Idea.

Liz said...

Would love to join in on a Florence discussion, the book just swam to the top of my stack this weekend, and I am looking forward to starting it tonight.

the House of Beauty and Culture said...

Would be delighted to be included in that discussion.

Cath Sheard said...

I bought the book for our library just cos the cover felt so incredible. Great book.