Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

7.31.2007

Megan's Pick: Chinoiserie



Above, magnifying glasses have 14-karat gold Victorian parasol handles; Below a sampling of accessories and furnishings available at Suzan Fellman Showroom.





Today lovely Megan, over at Beach Bungalow 8, wrote about yet another chic L.A. home-furnishings boutique: Suzan Fellman Showroom, specializing in vintage chinoiserie. I had to spread the word.

BTW: Dawn Jacobson's Chinoiserie is still the best book I've found on the subject.

4 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

I'm glad you posted a link b/c I was wondering if she had a website- all great picks! And I still want a hardcover edition of "Chinoiserie".

a. said...

Beautiful and I love that pillow!

girl meets glamour said...

These are all beautiful pieces! Thanks so much for the info. I can never get enough Chinoiserie :)

~Kate

beachbungalow8 said...

thank you for the nod! i had forgotten to post the website. showing that it's so important to deliver the info along with the message! as a united force, we'll get it out there though!