Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

6.06.2007

More Early Redd





Above are more examples of Miles Redd's earlier work, as seen in Elle Decor, March 2001. Redd actually decorated this bedroom for his sister. The raspberry-painted bulletin board is a little homage to Albert Hadley, and the broad blue-and-white stripes on the Louis XV-style settee and chair are described by Redd as "rip-off Pauline de Rothschild." The airy Louis XVI-style four-poster bed, which I now think of as Redd's signature, is there too.

Related past post: Miles Redd Signature.

5 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

Thanks for showing this. I think this bedroom was my favorite room in the house. What I really liked, though, is that Miles still went for glamour in a mountain house!

style court said...

Yes! I think Miles can bring glamour just about anywhere :)

katiedid said...

I do love this room. The wide stripe on the settee and the bulletin board are the kind of touches that really make a room unique and personal.

girl meets glamour said...

Yes, this room is great! I love the various scales to the pieces, like the tall vase and the height at which the drapery is hung.

Cote de Texas said...

love love love this room. the curtains and the settee and the bed! perfection!

Joni