Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

5.16.2007

Dress Her Nest




Above, stills from the 1955 film, To Catch a Thief, starring Grace Kelly.

I thought I'd reached my limit on decorating makeover shows, but I have to admit Thom Filicia's new program, Dress My Nest, is pretty cute. Filicia seems to have a gift for reading people and working with less than stellar spaces. He is also hysterical, with a warm on-screen persona. If you've never seen the show, Filicia revamps a young woman's apartment using her favorite outfit as inspiration.

What I would love to see is an apartment inspired by Grace Kelly's crisp resort clothes in To Catch a Thief. Set along the French Riviera, this movie is filled with clear colors and graphic contrasts. For me, it represents the ultimate in summer chic.

4 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

Need to check out this show :)

katiedid said...

Love the show, and wish I could catch it more often. Grace Kelly is classic and I'd love to see the results of that room too!

style court said...

katie did,

The only reason I'm catching it is that I can see it via iTunes!!

Sara said...

Love Grace Kelly's dress (and the beach umbrellas)! That dress would look just as chic and beautiful worn today!