Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

5.18.2007

Dining By Design 2007


I adore Benjamin Moore's vignette, above, created for Dining By Design 2007; Photography below, Joshua McHugh for Elle Decor.



Admittedly, last year I got a little too obsessed with those magical Asian-inspired tables designed by Elle Decor Editor in Chief, Margaret Russell, for the annual DIFFA fundraiser, Dining By Design. But I thought the tables were fabulous, and I love that Elle Decor's vignette is traditionally recreated in cities across the U.S., for a wide array of people to enjoy. Happily, the magazine's design for 2007 did not let me down. It's the layered Moroccan fantasy above.

Over the next few months, the traveling event will stop in Dallas, June 20-23; Atlanta, October 24-25; and Chicago, November 1-3. Tickets for daytime viewings of the tables are very affordable (less than admission to most museums) and I'm always inspired when I attend.


Image above, courtesy of the always stylish Alli, shows Russell's tables for 2006. In person these were more spectacular, Below are a few pics of a fun vignette from Atlanta's Dining By Design, 2006; the designer was Kelly Crago Hansen and her inspiration came in part from famed Brit designer Oliver Messel.




See also Channeling Oliver Messel.

1 comment:

Anna said...

OMG - I love the dining room at the top by Benjamin Moore - in particular I love the mismatched French chairs - very, very beautiful!!
XO
Anna