Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

5.08.2007

C. Bell, C'est Belle



Above, chocolate-brown chair inspired by iconic 1930s Frances Elkins design. Also available in bright white enameled wood finish. $550 per chair.

Below, more samples of custom contemporary furnishings, 20th century pieces, and highly covetous out-of-print and first edition books available through C. Bell
.








If any of your upcoming adventures take you down Florida's legendary South Dixie Highway, C. Bell is a must visit. The home furnishings store is brimming with chic finds. I'm especially impressed with the reasonably priced Elkins-inspired loop chair, as well as the selection of elegant cabinets and bookcases. For everyone who can't make it to West Palm Beach, there's plenty to browse online.

C. Bell is located at 4906 South Dixie Highway. (561) 533-6505.

5 comments:

a. said...

I've heard of this place (maybe from Jonathan Adler and Simon Doonan) and it sounds like it's worth the trip!

beachbungalow8 said...

gosh i never tire of this chair. such classic whimsy!

The Peak of Chic said...

I LOVE this store- she always has such great finds!

Jude said...

I just did a search of all your Frances Elkins labels and saw your reference to the repros from C. Bell. Wow! Much more affordable than Downtown. This set of six 'somewhat loopy' chairs I found on eBay last year will probably be as close as I get. I really do like them, though.

http://www.run4istrun.com/images/drapersix01.jpg

I love your blog! I've been a big blurker in the past but will definitely stick with being a commenter. Cheers!

Style Court said...

Thanks again Jude!