Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

4.08.2007

Vogue Living



Coconut Company stocks vintage design and style books such as the iconic 1960s "Vogue's Book of Houses, Gardens, People" shown above.

A new book from Vogue Living Editor, Hamish Bowles, titled Vogue Living: Houses, Gardens, People,is scheduled to be released by Knopf in October. I'm guessing the upcoming book was inspired by the 1968 title, Vogue's Book of Houses, Gardens, People. This older highly coveted edition features legendary taste-makers including Emilio Pucci, Doris Duke, and Nancy Lancaster, and today sells for hundreds of dollars. Maybe the 21st century book will be a compilation of interiors featured in American Vogue during the last ten years, or maybe it will be filled with new images. Either way, I can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

BTW: Another great source for vintage design books is Paris Hotel Boutique, discovered via design watcher. This site lists prices.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I have tried to get my hands on one of these for the past 8-10 years. Outbid at every eBay auction. While I did managed to get not one but two(!) copies of Slim Aarons book, on this one I gave up!

The Peak of Chic said...

I'm with Alyssa- that book is impossible to get, at a decent price! Didn't know about this new book, though, so this is exciting news!

Fairfax said...

Ohhhh... another book I need to keep my eyes open for at the Book Thing!