Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

3.06.2007

Costello Bedrooms in New York Times


Above, Costello bedroom photographed by Bruce Buck for The New York Times

Frances of Innumerable Goods (smart, lovely blog by the way) reminded me to take a closer look at the Home & Garden section of last week's Times. I'm so glad I did. In an article by Penelope Green, Whose Bed Is It Anyway?, several bedrooms from the Costello home are pictured. Many of us were inspired by the Costello's loft when it was published in Domino's November 2005 issue, so it's interesting to see how their current home is decorated. Personally, I love the new master bedroom.

Below from Domino's archives is another glimpse of the wallpapered bedroom photographed by Gemma Comas. To the best of my knowledge, the wallpaper is Flowering Quince from Clarence House.



BTW: Paul Costello is a well-known photographer and Sara Ruffin Costello is style director of Domino.

12 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

I do love that bedroom. Is that a Clarence House print on the walls?

style court said...

POC, I'm not sure. I'll try to find out.

mohairpink said...

I think it is the Clarence House print. Not available any longer is it?

Sarah said...

Love this room! I would also like to find out if the fabric is still available. Also, any idea where the bed came from?

style court said...

Regarding the bed, if it's the same one from the earlier loft master bedroom, I read that it is a family piece.

style court said...

Similar beds are usually available through http://www.britishkhaki.com but I will look for more options.

Anonymous said...

I always agree with you, but this room, while fine, is nothing special. Kind of boring and too much going on.

frances said...

thanks for the shout out! so sweet of you!

Anna said...

I loved just flicking through those amazing photographs on Paul Costello's site - GORGEOUS!!

Anonymous said...

Clarence House - Flowering Quince

style court said...

Thanks Anon!

megan/beachbound said...

god this is fab-u-lous!
so creative, so un-predictible. love, love , love it. thanks for sharing. how did i miss this in domino?