Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

2.08.2007

Turk and Adler Update




In December I posted a few images of Trina Turk's recently opened New York boutique, designed by Jonathan Adler. At the time, reader reaction was a little lukewarm. But now more lively views of the boutique can be seen on Adler's site. To me, the store epitomizes happy chic. One fun feature is a hanging birdcage chair that is reminiscent of the birdcage clothes racks in Lilly Pulitzer's Palm Beach shop circa 1962, as shown below. Take a look and see what you think. Adler's whole online interiors portfolio has been updated and looks great.

(Also, I have to say I like Adler as lead judge on Top Design.)

Images above from Jonathan Adler



Image above from Essentially Lilly: A Guide to Colorful Entertaining

3 comments:

Anna said...

My personal opionion is still very much the same with this interior but I do love that painted cane chair - I think it looks fantastic!

style court said...

Thanks for your honest feedback Anna! I do love that chair :)

My Marrakech said...

I feel the same way. I guess I just expected more from this duo. But agreed the chair is fantastic.