Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

1.04.2007

Room of the Week: Costello Living Room




From Domino's archives -- and my inspiration files -- photographs by Paul Costello of a beautiful loft decorated by Sara Ruffin Costello in a palette of sea-foam blue, split-pea green, chocolate and maize yellow. I think this will prove to be one of my favorite rooms of the decade. When it was first published in November 2005, I fell for the mix of colors, the placement of the art and objects, and the contemporary salon feeling. Did anyone else clip it for their inspiration files?

BTW: The fabric on the pillows, as well as a table reflected in the background, is also a longtime favorite of mine, Lulu DK's Chant.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

literally the most brilliant room. clipped it way back. good eye.

kate (pm) said...

me, too! I was going through my old issues of Domino last week and saw it again. Still found it just as striking.

Wes said...

Love this.

shoshana said...

It's one of my all time favorites. I love how well it all works together and yet feels very natural.

Anonymous said...

Funny, I just went through all of my Domino's last night and this room was one of that I pulled too.

Jane said...

Yep, I still have that article, too!

pinkmohair said...

Glad I'm not the only one who can't throw out my old Domino mags. I love it. I was looking at the Chant fabric for curtains recently.

Anna said...

Beautiful!

Anna

My Marrakech said...

Oh yes. I loved, loved this when I first saw it in Domino, too!

Elizabeth H. said...

I love this room, an no, I can't throw away old Dominos either.