Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

12.04.2006

Jonathan Adler Interiors




Many of us are anxious to see Jonathan Adler's design for Trina Turk's first New York boutique, which is now scheduled to open December 6. Also there's excitement about the upcoming January debut of Bravo's series, Top Design, in which Adler will serve as a judge. So while we wait, I thought I'd post this fun little girl's bedroom designed by Adler.

The images above are from Adler's book, My Prescription for Anti-Depressive Living, but this room was also featured in a 2005 Elle Decor spread about Jane Wagman's NY apartment.

Whimsical vintage animal print wallpaper is the major player in the room. It is sweet, bold and very youthful. Alas, everything that makes the wallpaper so cool is what also makes it an extravagance for many budget-minded parents who think about longevity when decorating their children's rooms. But that fabulous lime-green lacquered Queen Anne highboy in the corner is a different matter.

There are many similar looking, well-made but not too valuable, highboys (chests) out there that could be painted any sorbet shade. Years later, the piece could be painted glossy black or Chinese red -- whatever the grown-up girl wants.

3 comments:

Wes said...

Bold, Bright Color great for a Little girls Room.

Anna said...

Hi Stylecourt, I just want to let you know how much I love your blog. I have been a huge fan for a couple of months now. I check it out pretty much every day. I am an Interior Designer in Australia and you have inspired me to set up my own blog. I would love you to visit it. It is www.absolutelybeautifulthings.com I have only just set it up and would love to hear any comments you have.
I will continue to visit your blog as I love your style.

Anna

style court said...

Hi Anna!

Many, many thanks for your comments! So glad you took time to offer the feedback. I'm on my way out the door but I'll be visiting your blog this afternoon. Looking forward to it.

Have a great day.
Courtney