Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

12.05.2006

Absolutely Beautiful Things



Anna Spiro is an interior designer to watch. Based in Australia, Spiro has a very sharp eye. Case in point: the sofa she designed, above, upholstered with deep button tufts (as we say in the U.S.) and a new pattern from Mokum. Recently, the young designer launched her own blog, Absolutely Beautiful Things, and a site for her shop, Black and Spiro, is under construction. The gorgeous inlaid chests of drawers below are samples of the sort of pieces she selects for the store.




When I saw Spiro's chests, I thought of a similar piece used in a very well edited bedroom designed by Emma Jane Pilkington, which was featured in HG January 2005. Here it is below.



BTW: If you like inlay work, don't miss Mother-of-Pearl. Below is one more amazing chest with what appears to be bone or mother-of-pearl inlay, in a room designed by Schuyler Samperton and Anna Hackathorn.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My God. Anna decorated my home. She is an amazaing interior decorator! I just love her style...

Emily, Brisbane Qld Australia

Kate (ProjectMagenta) said...

Courtney - what a find with Anna Spiro- I love it! Of course you picked up on a fantasy favorite of mine - in-laid furniture, too. Love your eye.

Emily - you are a lucky lady! Send pics to StyleCourt of your home to post! I'm sure we all enjoy seeing them!

** Terramia ** said...

Stunning....

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Wowza. So, so lovely!

Sylvie said...

Hi Courtney!
Love that red chest. There are some great whimsical handpainted chests on this site:
http://xtmoveis.blogspot.com/

I discovered the site when the woman marked my photo of the magenta velvet chair on my Flickr as a favorite. I thought you might enjoy her designs she creates with her husband.

style court said...

Thanks Sylvie! I'll check it out.
xo
Courtney

inspired living said...

Check out 1'st Dibs for a nice mother of pearl inlayed chest of drawers (reference: U07020977791011). Price:$3,255
Dealer is English Country Antiques