Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

8.11.2006

Trina Turk's Passion for Design



Above, Trina Turk Palm Springs boutique

In addition to being fashion savvy, designer Trina Turk is known for having a great eye for interior design and architecture. Designed by KWID, Turk's boutiques in both Palm Springs and Los Angeles are visually interesting and nothing like the expected minimal white store. So, it's no surprise that her fashion ads always seem to be photographed in intriguing spaces. I'm certain I recognized one of Tony Duquette's former residences in the background one season. Even the ads shot on the beach usually have a striking chair included. The dress below is from Turk's holiday '06 collection. Does anyone recognize the location?

3 comments:

maditi said...

sorry, I don´t recognize the location ... but I recognize good style ;)
another lovely find & great photos!!

The Peak of Chic said...

For some reason I keep thinking it looks like the Getty. Where was this shot???? Do tell!

style court said...

I wish I knew! Hope someone will write in with the answer.