Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

7.19.2006

Bold White Mirrors


above, a landing in India Hicks' island home as seen in Vogue, late 1990s


large scale mirror from Pieces

In the late 90s there was a beautiful spread in Vogue featuring the island home of India Hicks, daughter of legendary decorator David Hicks. I still have the magazine pages in my inspiration notebook, and I'm drawn more than ever to the various white mirrors used around her house. The Georgian-style mirror shown above looks so crisp and upbeat against the deep berry colored wall.

This week when I saw Pieces' ornate white resin mirror above, I immediately thought of Hicks' island home. If you're interested in seeing more of India Hicks' style check-out Island Life: Inspirational Interiors

No comments: