Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

6.06.2006

Delicious Design



Obviously this a commercial space, not residential--it's a dining area in the Chamberlain West Hollywood boutique hotel done by designer David McCauley, a protégé of Kelly Wearstler--but I find elements of the design inspirational for home life too. I'm thinking of a breakfast room, or corner of a kitchen, with a much smaller tufted banquet, table, a few chic chairs like those pictured and one or two lanterns. I love the striped shade as well, and if possible I would want to incorporate the mirror and some sort of console or server. Well-tailored leather upholstery in a dining area can be so practical and child friendly, yet sophisticated. So, in short I think this could be such a fresh and unexpected look for a breakfast space.

No comments: