Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

10.01.2013

Coming Soon

[Image courtesy Rizzoli]

From rugged to refined, two businesses admired for their finely crafted made-in-the-USA wares are the subjects of two upcoming posts: The Frye Company celebrates its 150th anniversary this year with a beautiful tome by Marc Kristal, and Rebecca Vizard, Louisiana-based designer and textile collector, talks about her passion for patinated antique metallics, life in the rural South and the mentor who introduced her to some of France's more obscure markets.

 [Detail: antique Ottoman Empire raised silver metallic embroidery. B. Viz.]


4 comments:

Laura Casey Interiors said...

What a beautiful pillow and thanks for the link to her site!

marsha cannon said...

I spent some time with Rebecca recently at her home in Louisiana and enjoyed her visit to my antique club last night! The story behind the Christmas stockings is one of my favorites and I enjoyed blogging about her this week also!

home before dark said...

I've been a Frye girl since college. In fact, I just bought a new pair! Love them. Didn't know Jackie O did, too.

home before dark said...

I've been a Frye girl since college. In fact, I just bought a new pair! Love them. Didn't know Jackie O did, too.