Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

8.20.2013

Coming Soon: Tom Scheerer Decorates

[Photo by Francesco Lagnese from Tom Scheerer Decorates ©Vendome Press 2013. 
Posted here with permission from the publisher. Click to enlarge.]

Tom Scheerer doesn't juxtapose disparate pieces just for the sake of being unexpected; in fact, he's quite comfortable with old school decorating. But like a crisp, perfectly tailored little white linen dress off-handedly paired with a casual, intricately woven straw bag picked up in some faraway souk, Scheerer's rooms are refreshing and effortlessly cool. In the next few days we'll explore his range as seen in the soon-to-be-released book from Vendome.


4 comments:

ArchitectDesign™ said...

LOVED this book -just finished it last night. Each chapter / house was my favorite! LOL

Style Court said...

Stefan, and yet again you'll have the architect's perspective to share. I'm sure you admire Tom's skill for mixing lines.

home before dark said...

When I was a young girl, I loved having my birthday in October because I would always get new fall clothes. Now it's new fall books. As usual, the happy to myself list is growing and this one is on it!

Style Court said...

HBD -- think it will be the perfect present-to-yourself :)