Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

11.01.2012

New Singhs


Feeling lucky to be in a safe, dry, warm spot with my personal possessions in tact, I started going through a box of saved notes. Among the kept holiday cards (a total mix of really visually interesting cards from folks in art and design stashed with mostly sentimental things), was a beautiful piece of stationery designed by Aleta. Seeing it again inspired me to post a quick reminder about the latest Brigitte Singh prints and colorways, distributed in the UK and US exclusively by Aleta Ltd.


I think many of you already know that Aleta Bartel-Orton is a talented textile designer in her own right. In part because her company distributes Singh's wonderful hand-block-printed cottons and interiors collection, Aleta's name is practically synonymous with wares inspired by 17th-century Mughal-Indian style.






2 comments:

tokyojinja.com said...

I love all the new Brigitte Singh patterns, but particularly the new floral Jali Buta and the Daffodil on Badam. The quality of the fabrics and the printing is always outstanding and Aleta herself is just the loveliest! I'm currently having some simple curtains made in one of the older patterns (Hibiscus Branch) and I can't wait to see how they turn out!

Style Court said...

Jacqueline -- Aleta is the loveliest! I love hibiscus branch too. Your curtains are going to be beautiful.