Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

8.14.2012

Coming Soon: Mighty Maharajas

[Click image to enlarge. Bhim Vilas as seen in Mighty Maharajas: Forts & Palaces of India. 
Photo by Joginder Singh. Posted with permission from Vendome.]

Last night I re-watched Thalia Kennedy's presentation about the Indian leg of the Cromwells' honeymoon and now I'm really anxious to make my own virtual journey via the upcoming release, Mighty Maharajas: Forts & Palaces of India. We'll explore Amita Baig's sumptuous and informative book in the next few days. For now, here's a peek at the Bhim Vilas in Rajasthan. No doubt Duke would appreciate this architectural detail.

4 comments:

Pam said...

I'm a new follower of your blog, and just sent an email to the address listed on your profile. Wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying your posts!

Style Court said...

Thanks, Pam!

I sent you a reply from my phone :)

ArchitectDesign™ said...

I just received the book as well to review! It looks amazingly beautiful, no? Can't wait to see what you think :-)

Style Court said...

Stefan -- yes! And right back at you re the review. Will enjoy your architect's and traveler's perspective!