Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

5.03.2012

Dreams

 [Photo by Roger Davies via Architectural Digest]

I thought I'd already done a guitar-spotting post a couple of years ago. Not music rooms, like Sheryl Crow's above (although, it's a personal fave), but interiors styled with guitars casually propped here and there for magazine shoots. If I did, apparently I didn't think to label the post with any logical words such as musical instruments or simply guitar.

[Chloe Sevigny's East Village house, as seen in House & Garden, January 2006. 
Decoration by David Cafiero, of Cafiero Select. Photography by Francois Halard*.]

Not sure if I'll revisit the guitars-in-rooms theme or not, but I indulged in a little guitar-related daydreaming this morning after reading this over at I Miss You When You Blink, one of my bi-weekly non-design other-than-design stops. I head there when I need to laugh. Today, I laughed and left motivated to try something new this summer.

 [18th-century indigo-dyed, hand-piled ramie cloth via Sri]

And speaking of continuing education, a reminder: Sharon S. Takeda, LACMA's Senior Curator and Head of the Department of Costume and Textiles, presents Ai: The Japanese Love of Indigo at 6 p.m. on Thursday, May 10 at The Textile Museum in D.C. $25 for non-members. Advance registration required.

*Update 5.5.12: Cafiero image added after I retrieved it from a past post labeled with "David Cafiero" but not "guitar."



4 comments:

Tokyo Jinja said...

I had forgotten about that room - and there is nothing I like more than a dreamy pale pink one. I still may need to beg you to post more from that issue of British H & G too!

ML said...

Thanks for the shout-out! Such a lovely post - honored to be included as the non-design element. :) As always, Style Court makes me feel civilized.

Style Court said...

ML -- never "non-design." My bad. "Other than" is what I had in my head. As always, your brilliant writing swept me away -- this time to daydreams of a summer concert tour :)

Style Court said...

Jacqueline -- it is such a nice, not-too-sweet pink. Love it with the architecture.