Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

1.08.2012

Up Next: Flower Child Matthew Robbins

[Photo by Thuss + Farrell from Matthew Robbins' Inspired Weddings, Stewart, Tabori & Chang, 2012.]

Years ago when I saw Matthew Robbins creating ivy bouquets on Martha Stewart's show (the original TV program sans audience), I immediately responded to his artful, uncontrived style. There was just something, well...so poetic about his work.

Since then, his floral design and event planning business has grown considerably and he has become a contributing editor for Martha Stewart Weddings. His approach -- informed by his art background and passion for collecting -- and experiences are chronicled in a new book, Matthew Robbins' Inspired Weddings.  It's all about personal, object-driven events (and of course flowers!). Photographers Rebecca Thuss and Patrick Farrell bring their talents to the book, too. In the next few days, I'll be sharing a peek inside.

3 comments:

ArchitectDesign™ said...

How I miss Martha's orginal show. I remember watching it back in the 90s and being entranced. I always learned something new and fabulous and the shows hold up (ok, maybe not Martha's fashions though!)

lifeloveluxe said...

I love "peeks inside". Can't wait to see!

www.lifeloveandluxury.com

Kate Lewis said...

If the book has the feel of this image, I'll be adding it to my library ASAP!