Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

10.04.2011

Color Play


Oberto Gili from Home Sweet Home: Sumptuous and Bohemian Interiors, Rizzoli New York 2011. Posted with permission from the publisher.]


Here's a tiny peek inside a book we'll be exploring soon: Oberto Gili's Home Sweet Home: Sumptuous and Bohemian Interiors. Up top, you're looking at the photographer's 1996 shot of paint-stained brushes arranged by color in Ellsworth Kelly's Spencertown, New York studio. (If you're in Atlanta, check out this Kelly at the High.)

[Photos my own unless noted otherwise.]


This afternoon I was out in the field to see for myself if Nomad had arrived at a local Anthro. Along the way, I stumbled upon the biggest bouquet of functional colored pencils I've ever seen -- big meaning the pencils themselves were huge.   



Stacked below a small display of Sibella Court's hardware in the Lenox store, I spied a copy of her third edition so I nabbed a copy for myself. More on that to come.

5 comments:

Renée Finberg said...

i am constantly working with paints
and glazes change things.

have a nice night

Style Court said...

Thanks Renee --- you too!

J.Covington said...

Love all of the paint brushes... the bristle texture or color palatte just makes the inner experimenter want to come out and play even though I know it'll turn into a hodgepodge mess!

Style Court said...

J. Covington,

Great point about the texture. I think it's almost as much a part of the allure as the color.

Vintages said...

We have always loved they interplay of colors and textures of simple things, like paint brushes, pencils, stones and leaves. Great photos and observations. Bob