Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

8.26.2011

Rolling Along

[Rouleau or textile printing "roller" via the Musée de la Toile de Jouy.]

Many thanks to new Enfilade contributor, Hélène Bremer, for providing the inspiration for my object of the day -- an old textile roller used in the production of toile. It's an example of the pieces on view at the Musée de la Toile de Jouy in France. With all of my past posts about the beauty of wood blocks and other tools, I thought it would be nice to finally highlight a rouleau.

Paris-based Hélène recently put together an exhibition sketch of Parties de Campagne, Jardins et champs dans la toile imprimée XVIIIe-XIXe siècle. --  a gathering of over 200 printed fabrics. Check it out here. The show continues through November 20, 2011.

5 comments:

Terry said...

Off subject: Looks like a "Great Frame Up" will open in Providence Antiques' former space on Highland in November. Good thing I think.

Style Court said...

Terry -- I've been watching and waiting, too. Such a loss not having the ever-evolving Prov windows to enjoy.

Terry said...

It's a great place to show art to the street and sidewalk. I hope they'll put nice stuff on display.

Helene Bremer said...

Thank you Courtney, for your posting and mentioning my contribution to Enfilade. I do love your blog, it is very inspirational. Hélène

Style Court said...

Thank you, Helene!