Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

8.25.2011

Behind the White Curtains


[Photo my own]

Earlier this summer, I mentioned Luchino Visconti's 1960s film, The Leopard, in conjunction with billowing white curtains and decorator Michael Smith. Since then, I actually made time to see the entire visual feast. Even had an opportunity to chat about it with New York Times writer, Steven Karutz. The always enlightening Emile de Bruijn weighed in, too, along with Michael and another enthusiastic Visconti fan, Charlotte Moss. Check out Steven's terrific piece here. It's very timely because The Leopard airs tonight on Turner Classic Movies.

4 comments:

Terry said...

Thankyou. I've just set it up to record.

Style Court said...

Terry, I hope you enjoy it. The first scene is my favorite, I think.

Capella Kincheloe Interior Design said...

Its set up to record in my house too!

Style Court said...

Capella -- anxious to know what you think, too!