Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

8.24.2011

August Rush 2011

 [Please click to enlarge. Credits follow below.]
[Beautiful rolls of chartreuse bookcloth tape spotted at Paper Source.]

[Sea-foam green Thai ceramics from The Loaded Trunk.]

It's time for my mixed greens -- the August inspiration board of verdant hues. Although I have to say, this year, I've seen more lush shades in the September issues of Vogue (French and American) than around the neighborhood. Still, some of my own current nature pictures are combined above with old tear sheets and objects that caught my eye.  

Clockwise from the top left: costume designer Emi Wada's work in House of Flying Daggers from Selvedge, issue 13; my own snapshot, ivy-covered house Druid Hills; 19th-century Chinese jade bowl, The Sylmaris Collection, gift of George Coe Graves, 1929, The Metropolitan Museum of Art; swatches of Moore & Giles leather; Muriel Brandolini's Chartreuse 5; Paul Smith Park Street storefront as seen in Selvedge, issue 10 -- remember this video? ; three of my own images -- East Lake Golf Club, found magnolia branches and experiments with pottery; 19th-century Edo period Japanse jade ojime (bead), bequest of Stephen Whitney Phoenix, 1881, The Met; vines growing in the Old Fourth Ward.

BTW: Green: The Color and the Cause continues at The Textile Museum through September 11, 2011. Find August Rush 2010 and 2009 here.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Oooooh, I need to go check out the book cloth at Papersource! Love all the greens in this post.

Emile de Bruijn said...

Great colleage. That was such a beautiful film, wasn't it, Flying Daggers?

Style Court said...

Janet -- I'm glad!

Emile -- Yes! Incredible colors in that film.