Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

7.26.2011

Pencilled In: Bob Truby's Amazing Collection


As a follow up to the previous post, I leave you with a little daily eye candy from Bob Truby's vast antique and vintage pencil collection. The wild grouping at the bottom may evoke the 1970s but these Lovelies by Empire are actually World War II-era. BTW, pencil and art supply manufacturer Faber-Castell celebrates its 250th anniversary this year. Click here to see an extraordinary carpenter's pencil from the archives.


You might also like Paintboxes, Tools of the Trade, and August Rush.


Faber-Castell anniversary edition set.

3 comments:

Craig said...

I love this post. The pencils are fabulous! -Craig

ArchitectDesign™ said...

those marbelized pencils are AMAZING! wow.......wish I had THOSE.
I have some great pencils my great-grandfather had made when he was running for office back in the teens and 20s that are still unsharpened. Good design doesn't change, you'd think they were new!

The Devoted Classicist said...

Those Empire "Lovely" pencils with the marbled finish should be reissued/reproduced. I think I would find that $1,700 set of colored pencils lovely as well, but that is an office expenditure that will have to wait.