Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

6.23.2011

Source Material


So far this summer I'd struck out numerous times trying to see the weighty tome, My Faraway One: Selected Letters of Georgia O'Keeffe and Alfred Stieglitz, at a local brick-and-mortar bookstore but today I finally spotted it at the High.  Because of Steiglitz's and O'Keeffe's connection to John Marin, the book is displayed near the Marin exhibition catalogues (spectacular show, by the way).

I also wanted to help spread some Design Library news: the textile resource is scheduled to soon visit California with new acquisitions. Jacky Brown is headed to L.A. and the Bay area July 18 through 21. Contact the Library to schedule an appointment.

3 comments:

The Devoted Classicist said...

I have a couple DESIGN LIBRARY books and enjoy how fabrics, furniture and architecture follow the ideals of a style.

Janet said...

So glad you finally found the AS-GOK book! It's a great read.

My Dog-Eared Pages said...

Also on my summer reading list! There are so many new good things here to read, Courtney... I need to catch-up!
; )