Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

4.07.2011

Up Next: Carolina Irving's Lucknow


[Top left: Carolina Irving's new floral, Lucknow, image via Hollywood at Home;  the small photo is my own, a test to see how Irving's fabric might mix with PD's Kashmir Paisley; and top right is a view of 19th century Lucknow via LACMA. Please click to enlarge.]

I'll be back soon with a fresh post focused on Carolina Irving's latest print, Lucknow. The stylized blossoms over subtle zig-zag-y stripes are calling out to be the jumping off point for a room or a maybe even an event. I was initially lured in by the soft blues and greens, but I like the name Irving chose too. (Remember LACMA's recent exhibition?)

In the meantime, I'll leave you with a link to LACMA's Image Library rich with hires pictures available to the public without restriction.


And also, a reminder: John Folsom's exhibition, Summering at the End of Empire, opens Saturday, April 9 at the Marietta-Cobb Museum of Art. This past post offers a little background.


You might also enjoy The Party.

3 comments:

Loretta Fontaine (APPLESandRUBIES) said...

What a pretty print Lucknow is, and charming next to the blue Kashmir Paisley.

Loretta

meenal @ maison marigold said...

love the kashmir paisley..to beautiful and timeless..xx meenal

My Dog-Eared Pages said...

I hope Lucknow inspires something similar to "The Party" post [one of my favorites posts of all time]... and becomes and event! I just got lost reading about Folsom's
'Year Without a Summer' on his site. Thanks for all the Friday a.m. inspiration. Have a great weekend! ; )