Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

4.06.2011

Selections


At the moment I have more cherry branches wedged into a sunny spot by a French door, hoping to get them to fully bloom before they're moved to a table. Temporarily, the branches are sitting in a hand-me-down crystal vase that's a little too fussy for me. What I'm after is a loose arrangement like the ones seen around Erica Tanov's house in Christiane Lemieux's new book, Undecorate. Ironically,  I may have to go out and buy some sort of large jar or bottle that appears to have been just sitting around in my storage closet.

To see a wide variety of glassware, ranging from the most spare to the intricate, watch Ted Muehling on the gallery tour of last year's exhibition, Ted Muehling Selects: Lobmeyr Glass from the Permanent Collection. For jaw-droppingly beautiful, masterfully created yet relaxed flower arrangements, visit Saipua.

6 comments:

Loretta Fontaine (APPLESandRUBIES) said...

This is inspiring me to cut some branches! I have a flowering cherry tree I've never tried to force.

Maybe I even have a glass container, too!

Loretta

Emile de Bruijn said...

I like your wry comment about the need to go out and buy a jar that looks as if it has come from your attic! That is your inner Japanese tea master master speaking: using artifice to achieve something natural-looking :)

Style Court said...

Loretta --

Sounds like you have a beautiful tree! Enjoy.

Style Court said...

Emile --

That's it -- you've got it :)

My Dog-Eared Pages said...

I like the comment about a large jar too, and agree whole-heartedly. Happy cherry blossom season ; )

Janet said...

I always love forcing brances. Last year, after the blizzard I brough home tons of fallen branches. It looked like a florist shop in my apartment.