Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

3.31.2011

Tanov's Many Stripes


[Fabric from Erica Tanov]

It wasn't until last year when I read Selvedge's story about her that I realized fashion designer Erica Tanov creates many of her own prints. Typically she mixes these up with more tailored stripes and plaids. And a cross-section of her original designs along with other fabrics can be purchased by the yard -- I just noticed -- through her site. There happen to be some great, modestly priced shirting stripes, cotton canvas stripes, woven silk stripes and dreamy Indian gauze that could be fun to play around with.  

[Erica Tanov design. Photo by Erica Shires]


If you loved Tanov's spring/summer 2009 campaign, I think you will really enjoy seeing her Berkeley house in Christiane Lemieux's new book, Undecorate (Lisa Borgnes Giramonti's inimitable digs are included too).

More to explore: Soft Focus, Turk's Process and Anthro's Decorator Concept.

2 comments:

classic • casual • home said...

Can't have enough stripes!

Divine Theatre said...

Stripes aren't my favorite...they make my butt look big!
Please come visit my post on my most recent shelter pet in need and enter my GIVEAWAY!

xoxo