Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

2.02.2011

Alejandra Dunphy Textiles in the Spotlight


I was there to look at paintings and drawings but this hand-loomed wool pillow by SCAD alum, Alejandra Dunphy, also caught my eye as I browsed the Artists Market at Trinity School's 30th Annual Spotlight on Art. Dunphy's background in architecture really shines through in her designs. (And happily, apart from the graphic appeal, her prices are quite reasonable.) If you' re in Atlanta and have time to stop by, don't miss her nice assortment of eco-friendly textile work.  

The Market continues through Saturday, February 5 at 4301 Northside Parkway. Click here for details.

[17th-century Middle Eastern architectural tile from Hali, fall 2010.]

When I first saw the pillow shown at top, I thought of architectural tiles. Related past post: Navigating the Maze.
 

5 comments:

Karena said...

Courtney I will take the pillow by Alejandra in a hearbeat, love it!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Dagmarette @ The Finishing School said...

Love the Dunphy's designs. Simple colors yet intricate.

www.thefinishing-school.com

Janet said...

Just love the touch of turquoise in that tile. So utterly modern. Or perhaps, just timeless.

VictoriaArt said...

Gorgeous! Love the pattern. I am getting more and more into textile design!
This is wonderful!

Mr. Goodwill Hunting said...

These are great graphic textures and colors. I really like the last one.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting