Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

1.09.2011

You Wanted Green, But Got Blue

 [Zuzka Vaclavik, You Wanted Green, But Got Blue, 44" x 44" Mixed media on paper.]

At the moment, I'm mesmerized by Zuzka Vaclavik's large mixed media work. There's an interesting statement about her "post-graffiti, bio-morphic worlds of wonder" here.

[Photo of Emily Amy courtesy Scott Amy.]

In Atlanta, Zuzka is represented by gallerist Emily Amy, located at 1000 Marietta Street, just down the road from the soon-to-open Westside Anthropologie on Howell Mill.

 More on the artist here.

5 comments:

Karena said...

Adore her work and she has great representation!

Courtney, Come and enter my great giveaway from Blydesign!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

quintessence said...

Beautiful!! I wandered over her site. You picked my favorite - I love the amorphous feel of it, especially compared to the others. And she has her MFA - she doesn't look old enough to have graduated from high school! Love how you squeezed in the Anthropologie reference again :-)

Laura Casey Interiors said...

Her work is quite fantastic and whimsical, I remember her from your earlier posts. I also enjoy the two works you shared in this post, they seem a bit softer than her usual work. All of it is great, thanks for sharing.

Janet said...

Vaclavik's work is really interesting. I love the detail of it ~ it really bears close scrutiny!

Emily Amy Gallery said...

Courtney, thanks so much for the post!! I LOVE Zuzka's work too! Luckily, I am living with one of them:) She is so talented for such a young woman...what an inspiration!