Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

11.23.2010

Savannah Oaks


Massive old live oaks are one of my favorite sights along the Georgia coast, so SCAD grad Heather Young's new series of pen and ink drawings caught my eye. Currently Heather is offering prints in a variety of sizes, and after Thanksgiving, Friday through Monday, the series will be available with special discounts.  Heather also offers prints with hand-watercolored washes in ice blue or moss green.


The delicate lines remind me of embroiderer Susie Cowie's "tree pillow" featured in Bright Star. 


Related past posts: Artists' Palettes: Heather YoungTransport Studio and Stealing Magnolias.

2 comments:

Karena said...

Heather beautiful works of art!! Love her Colombia Square!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Heather said...

Thanks for the shout out! I swear I'm going to wreck my car "tree-hunting"...so many beautiful oaks to draw, so little time on this planet to discover them all! Wishing you and yours a lovely holiday season!