Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

10.27.2010

More Practical Magic

[Screengrab, Practical Magic 1998.]


So, I was finally pulling together my Halloween post (this year I plan to revisit Practical Magic's Victorian kitchen and garden conservatory) when I decided to pause for a bit and pop by Anthopologie's Holly Jolly Hoopla.


For a few hours this morning, the public was invited to help create Anthro's wintry store displays, and bins of both glittery and charmingly rustic ornaments were already blanketing the shop's floor.


There are miniature interpretations of Anthro's popular Savannah Story wall creatures.


And a jeweled menagerie too. Right now the selection in the store is much broader than the online offerings. I also spied a beautifully packaged artist's set not yet online either. Another retailer ahead of the holiday curve is Jayson Home and Garden.  Below is a sneak peek at one of Jayson's most irresistible ornaments, the paper ship.


In the days ahead, surf over to Jayson online to see the full array of ornaments as well as gift ideas. 

[Vignette courtesy Jayson Home and Garden.]

4 comments:

Janet said...

Love the paper ship! Makes me think of the owl and the pussy cat.

I think I watched Practical Magic a million times JUST for the interiors! fabulous. Anxiously awaiting your post...

Laura Casey Interiors said...

I love all of those fun ornaments. I let my boys go shopping with me to pick out a few ornaments each year to add to the tree. We'll put Anthropologie on our list.

quintessence said...

Anthropologie always does the best animal ornaments - I love the jeweled elephant!!

currentlychic.com said...

Love the jeweled elephant!
CC
http://currentlychic.com