Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

9.12.2010

Leaping Ahead

[Detail view, Kate Spade for Crane.]

Originally the plan was to post a short reminder that September is traditionally a good month for budget-savvy early birds to save on holiday cards. For example, The Met is currently offering 50 percent off purchases of second boxed sets of select cards. But as usual, I got lost along the way. Take a look at these Kate Spade for Crane choices.


The foil-stamped and lithograph-printed New Year's zebra is definitely reminiscent of this wallpaper, probably forever linked with The Royal Tenenbaums and the Spades' bathroom


And for a touch of trad plaid...


Both designs cost $25 for a set of 10 cards with 10 lined envelopes. Later in the fall I'll cover homemade options.


If you loved the Mr. Boddington's Studio cards I posted in 2009, it's not too early to place an order, especially for custom options. Non-personalized sets of eight cost $20. Hand-lined envelopes cost more.


Related past post: It's a Small World. Card shown above is from John Robshaw.

5 comments:

Laura Casey Interiors said...

Love these cards, how fun are those zebras. I remember your post on the Mr. Boddington's Studio cards, those are wonderful. Already thinking about my holiday cards.

quintessence said...

I also like the Vera Wang selections - her stationery and cards are lovely. Clearly you and I were thinking along the same lines - stop by tomorrow!

Style Court said...

Laura, I'm so curious to see what you choose this year. How fun!

Style Court said...

Quintessence --

Love Vera Wang! Last year I remember receiving the most magical VW snowman card. Glad to hear you're thinking about cards too.

The Peak of Chic said...

My money is on the zebras- literally! I think I'll order some today :)