Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

8.10.2010

Woman Shops Globe



Roni Jaco was kind enough to share with us some pictures taken by her daughter, Ryan, during their trip to Gujarat. The women met with the Khatri family, a multi-generational group well known for their traditional block-printed textiles.


While there, Roni watched the hand-printing process, soaked in the rich colors and patterns, and in the end purchased an assortment of tablecloths and bedspreads. Here you can learn much more about her travels and the finds she brings back for her online shop, The Loaded Trunk.


9 comments:

GB said...

I love roni jaco's fabulous finds...these are gorgeous block prints!

Gramercy Home said...

Wow. That teal piece is extrodinary. You always highlight the best stuff. I'm going to check out her shop right now. Thanks!

Style Court said...

Thanks GH! I love the teal too. So happy both you and GB like her things.

Gramercy Home said...

I spent way too much time on there...I wanted one of everything. And, love your blog title!

Renee Finberg said...

great post !

thanks

Roni Jaco said...

You are a true kindred spirit and I thank you for writing about the Khatri family and one of my more memorable experiences in India.
Thank you,
roni

Halie said...

I loved seeing a behind the scenes glimpse of how these textiles are created. Thanks so much for this inspiring post!

Oriental Rug Cleaning said...

Those are beautifully printed textiles. They have such skillful hands. I guess talent runs in the family.

Large Oversized Rugs said...

Gorgeous! Very interesting to see the reverse form block prints. Awesome post, the photographs are excellent. Thanks for a great read!