Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

8.15.2010

Traces of Dalí




[Image copyright Lulu de Kwiatkowski.]


When it comes to 20th-century art, my passions lean toward Matisse and Picasso, but, as I mentioned the other day, the High's dynamic new exhibition, Dalí: The Late Work, has made me stop and notice the surrealist's influence all around. Today's example: Lulu de Kwiatkowski's collages. Objects or people appearing out of context, dreamlike imagery, layers of memory -- these are aspects I'm more aware of now.  

Lulu's work will be shown at Clic Gallery, 225 Centre Street, NYC, in mid-November.  Dalí continues on view in Atlanta through January 9, 2011.

Related past posts:
Raising Free Thinkers
Dalí in Atlanta

3 comments:

Ness Lockyer said...

Oh I love Dali and I really like what you have shown. Wonderful!
Ness xx

Emile de Bruijn said...

Lulu de Kwiatowski has a subtle sense of colour and texture - as well as a great name. Indeed, her name could be said to have 'colour' and 'texture' too :)

little augury said...

Love Lulu's great work and translating it into a modern presence. pgt