Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

8.05.2010

Coming Soon: New Work from Schuyler Samperton

 [Click images to enlarge. Interior design by Schuyler Samperton. Photography by Lisa Romerein posted here with permission from the designer.]

In the words of Keith Johnson, I'm jazzed. Decorator Schuyler Samperton just shared with me more than a dozen beautiful Romerein photographs of a project she completed for a young Santa Monica family and I'll be posting those shortly.


The family wanted to live with more adventurous color, so Samperton's challenge was to inject bold hues while still keeping the rooms timeless. Framed Fromental panels in the dining room, pictured above, offer a hint of what's to come. And Samperton also brought in layers of family-friendly pattern, like the Jasper flanking the window seat, at the same time making use of pieces the client already owned. Please stay tuned for the full tour!

I don't receive a dime for the recent mentions of Keith Johnson; I'm just enjoying his summer series.

8 comments:

katiedid said...

LOVE her!!!! Can't wait for the pictures, Courtney! SHe has such great stye.

Style Court said...

Hi Katie! I think everyone will love this house. She has such a great eye. Thanks for stopping by :)

Style Court said...

I meant to type, "yes, I agree, she has a great eye!" End of the day fatigue.

Jen West Design said...

One of my favs...wish she had more pictures out there to admire!

Helen Young said...

Can't wait to see these photos! I love her work. Her green living room is timeless and seems so easy to live in.
Looking forward to the photos.
Helen Young
Whitehaven

Hill Country House Girl said...

So looking forward to this post - love her work! I'm jazzed, as well.

Gramercy Home said...

Ooohh. A Friday cliffhanger!

♥SimaG Jewelry♥ said...

B E A U T I F U L blog!
Thank you for sharing such an amazing photos!