Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

7.06.2010

Dark Room



Ruthie Sommers has added more images to her new site. If you're like me and miss the inspired vignettes she used to create in Chapman Radcliff Home, I think you will appreciate the expanded commercial portfolio. A couple of the shots I still know by heart, but some I'd never seen before today. In particular, I'm having fun looking back at her take on ultra-dark walls. With the antiques and vintage pieces she included in her mix, nothing feels too trendy to me. And the art really sings against the midnight backdrop. 

In case you missed it, the previous post has been updated with links related to historic color.

3 comments:

Acquired Objects said...

Stunning! Love the pop of orange against the black!

Gramercy Home said...

Such a clever backdrop to hang the lights and center the sofa. The Madeline pillows and carpet really pop with all the white but so nice and grounded with the dark walls. Funny, I have that same rug but it doesn't look as chic in my space...good ideas you gave me to think about!

ChrisToronto said...

Please forgive the horrid self-promotion but I've just gone double-dare dark myself and am in LOVE with the result: http://stylenorth.ca/blog/2010/07/high-contrast/