Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

6.22.2010

Seeing Red: Krista Ewart

[Image courtesy Krista Ewart.]

Since I love red, I've always wanted to believe that it's the favorite color of babies. But whether it's the actual hue or simply the brightness, darkness or contrast babies respond to, Krista Ewart covered her bases with this nursery.  That terrific chest caught my eye as soon as I landed on her new Victoria Molinelli-designed site. And the wallpaper is so cheerful yet not juvenile -- definitely a pattern to grow with. Krista is a Chapman-Radcliff alum (remember her from domino, June-July 2007?) with her own distinct layered, upbeat style.


Don't listen to me though, hop on over here to see what she has been up to. (Look for the Dzhambul appearance -- I was happy to see it still there!)


If you are obsessed with red, check out Amy Butler Greenfield's critically acclaimed book, A Perfect Red. More on babies, science, and color here.

8 comments:

Marisa said...

The wallpaper is great, I wonder whose it is?

Style Court said...

Hey Marisa, I'm on my way out but I'll try to confirm the answer today.

Janell @ Isabella and Max said...

That is one fabulous nursery!! Love it love it love it! Janell

Style Court said...

Krista purchased the wallpaper from an old time LA wallcoverings shop going out of business last year. That explains why it has so much character.

Red River Interiors said...

I love the color red and just did a post on the color red in design...can't imagine living without it...it's so special... Fay

Sarah said...

Thank you for this...I loved Krista's home in Domino and obsessed over her living room for the longest time, trying to spy every detail. She is very talented so its nice to see what she is up to now...

Life of Style said...

That nursery is so yummy, right down to the red boots, love it!

CDS said...

we're putting a red dreser/changing table and red bookshelf in our nursery. I think it's going to look very chic.