Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

5.24.2010

For the Adventurous Baby


After yesterday's post, I couldn't resist these preview items from High Street Market's annual Vintage Baby Sale scheduled to take place online Wednesday through Friday, May 26-28. A little something for parents-to-be who loved West with the Night. And unlike the first edition books I mentioned Sunday, these pieces won't come with enormous price tags.  

 
Look for 50 baby-related vintage items ranging from sterling silver rattles and child size wicker chairs to brass animals and old lettered blocks that can be repurposed to personalize the little one's room. Styles will be varied too, of course. I just selected things with a Beryl Markham motif.


If you're curious to see the different covers publishers have used since the 1940s to market West with the Night, click here.


 [Image via Bailgate Books.] 


In case you were wondering, I don't receive a dime (or free products) for talking about any of the merchants included above.

9 comments:

style-for-style said...

ha, no baby yet, but I love that plane! I want one.

Cameron said...

West with the Night is one of my favorite books of all time. LOVE IT! Love this post as well. Your use of books and art as inspiration is always so creative!

C said...

Thats a handsome plane, perfect for a budding amelia earhart! Love the punchy red too, it would look great on any bookshelf.

Capella Kincheloe Interior Design said...

I just picked up West with the Night last night. What a coincidence! Also, loving the african-vibe of style court lately.

Janet said...

Don't laugh, but I had a wicker potty seat that looked an awful lot like the one above!

La Petite Gallery said...

I remember those 50's toys.. so I will keep my eyes open.. I am a new visitor. Nice post.

yvonne

Style Court said...

Yvonne,

Welcome!

Style Court said...

Capella -- So wild!

Cam -- thanks!

Janet -- Your parents must have had sophisticated tastes even in toddler equipment :)

LiveLikeYou said...

You just proved that kids and baby rooms can be super cool! What a chic retro vibe!