Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

4.28.2010

On the Borderline Again

[Detail view via Calico Museum of Textiles.]

India's Calico Museum of Textiles offers a really wide array of greeting cards designed using photographic reproductions of antique embroideries, hand-blocked prints, court textiles, quilts and other pieces in their collection.

Total disclaimer: I've not yet tried to order any online for myself and it appears that the minimum order is 50 cards. Still, the images are so stunning.

It would be nice to compile an inspiration scrapbook with them. At the moment I'm obsessed with prints with borders but you can see the whole picture here.


[Click to enlarge.]




The other night I did download the new iPhone app, POST, and I've been taking it for a test drive. Created by Gadabout, it offers a quick way to pretty-up short email messages with a host of globe-trotter-chic graphic designs. Learn more here.


To see what Mrs. Blandings has in store for Dining by Design 2010, click here.

8 comments:

BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

Stunning!

rosiecampbell said...

Their textiles are beautiful.

a lovely being said...

these greeting cards would make a perfect gift! I'm bookmarking this post so I can save for future reference :)
XX fallon

Mrs. Blandings said...

Courtney - that is so incredible. Thank you, thank you. I am hoping by this time tomorrow I will be past the wanting to throw up stage. I'll keep you posted. You're the best.

M-O-M said...

here for the fabric inspiration congratulations on you blog

emile.debruijn said...

The turtles are amazing. I wonder if they had a particular meaning in Indian design? The Regency batchelor William Bankes who remodeled Kingston Lacey was always commisioning turle and tortoise designs, probably because he was exiled from Britain and therefore carried his house on his back, i.e. in his memory.

The Peak of Chic said...

Those cards are just beautiful. Even if the min is 50, you could keep some for yourself and give the rest away as gifts.

Amelia said...

Thanks for the information about POST - I just downloaded it. Love it! I've been a fan of Gadbout's stationery - didn't know about the app though!