Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

4.15.2010

Julia Reed at SCAD Style Week

So much for Eat, Breathe, Draw, Sleep.  In Atlanta and Savannah, the next few weeks will be packed with activities. SCAD Style 2010 is on the way with a series of free, open-to-the public, style and design events scheduled to occur simultaneously at SCAD Savannah and Atlanta campuses, April 26 through May 6.

If, like me, you're a long-time fan of Julia Reed's books including,  The House on First Street: My New Orleans Story, note this in your planner: Monday, May 3 at 7 p.m., SCAD Atlanta, Gallery See, 1600 Peachtree Street. Reed, a senior writer at Vogue and a contributing editor at Newsweek, presents Dispatches from the Gilded Age: My 20 Years at Vogue. Afterward, she'll sign copies of The House on First Street. (Here is a link to my review from 2008.)

[Francois Halard, Vogue, February 2001.]

Later I'll post a rundown of SCAD Style 2010  happenings. Other guests coming to Atlanta include: Thom Filicia, Christiane Lemieux (founder and creative director of textile company DwellStudio), Rita Konig, Nick Olsen, Robert Rufino (editor-at-large for House Beautiful and the former vice president of creative services for Tiffany & Co.), Jaithan Kochar and Eddie Ross.

On Thursday, May 6 at 12:30 p.m., in SCAD's Digital Media Center Theater, 1611 West Peachtree Street, Hutton Wilkinson, creative director and president of Tony Duquette Inc., presents More is More.

And, again, photographer Jeannette Montgomery Barron will sign her book, My Mother's Clothes, on  Monday, April 26 at 5 p.m. at SCAD-Atlanta’s Welcome Center, 1600 Peachtree Street (the time has been revised since my first posting). All events are subject to some changes, so please visit SCAD Style 2010 for updates.

6 comments:

Karena said...

I so wish I could be there, so many exciting events! Great group of talent. I am inspied to paint by the Thai paper you have to the right Courtney.


Karena
Art by Karena

Lacquered Life said...

If I weren't in the middle of exams, I would rush right down to Savannah! Sounds absolutely fabulous. And the Reed Quote from the Vogue spread is exactly right, b/c W and I feel the exact same way about escaping to Charleston!

Mrs. Blandings said...

Envious of all that and the peonies, too.

Frederica Fashionista said...

Thanks for posting that - I'm still sorta' new to Atlanta, but will make it a point to attend some of these events!

Renee Finberg said...

i haven't seen 'more is more.'
i bet it is fabulous.

i wish i could go too.
x

gih said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.